Here’s a break down I was privileged to know.
Vs 1 Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.
-you can only take refuge in a place you trust, the president of the United States of America will easily follow his aides to the safe bunker if anything breaks out at the surface because he knows the place is bomb-proof (example). So also, you seeking refuge with the Holy one should mean you understand that in him is your safety and you cannot be harmed nor touched.
2 I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
“They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
-this is coming into realization of the truth, almost like the scales are now fallen off and you finally see and understand the initial instruction to follow his commands.
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.
- This is simple rededication to the one who you know can save you (you have declared a side)
5 Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
- Now after all this, what is in store for you? I:e the portion to which you have been assigned
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
- What is in store for you is a pleasantly placed boundary line, meaning wherever the boundary line has been placed, that just before are the pleasant things (the good of the land) which in turn causes you to have the delightful inheritance, not good, not nice, not just fine or great but delightful (bubbling from the inside) this means a bubbling from the earth upwards kind of inheritance.
7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
- When you become a partaker of the above blessing, surely you will praise, now even in your praise, you will receive counsel and guidance, as you remain in that praise you will receive counsel that will follow you into your sleepzone (deadzone) so when you sleep, you are not fully dead to the world and its happenings. Instead you have insider information into what is happening and possibly will happen.
8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
- Declarations that may only have come with wisdom gotten from the instructions deposited into your heart by counsel. Setting the lord before you to lead and beside you to guide.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
- Your heart can only be glad when it has received something to make it glad, from the hearts gladness the mouth is instructed to rejoice, giving rest to the whole body. (All izz well)
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
- Surely a being whom has been awarded all from 1-9 will not leave without a legacy (he will not see decay) in the sense that his spirit will not be confined to some pit but will ascend joyfully.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
- You have made known to me the path of life, meaning I walked in your ways as you stated, during my days on the earth, so I am sure that I am one of the saints who will sit at your feet, crowned by the lamb and bask in your glory at the throne of grace. Furthermore, I recognise that these things are eternal pleasures and so once more I rejoice.